One of the auxiliary utilities included with Golden Gate is
opus-extractor is a simple utility to extract the ORCA compilers, utilities, libraries, headers, et cetera from an Opus ][ disk image to your computer for use with Golden Gate. It also works with other disk images; the original idea was you might have ORCA installed on one of your disk images and could extract components from there.
One unanticipated use is installing ORCA/C updates, since they also follow the standard ORCA layout.
opus-extractor --verbose --source=/ ORCAC.220B3.2mg
You may need to elevate your privileges with
(since there are no
Utilities directories on the update disk image, there is a harmless warning that those files were not found).
ORCA/C 2.2.0 B3 is now available!
This ORCA/C update contains various enhancements from community members. Changes include:
- Numerous bugs fixed
- Several C99 language features supported, including mixed statements and declarations
- Partial support for the new C99 features in
- New lint checks to catch errors in
scanf() format strings
- For installation instructions, see the readme. For details on what has changed, see the release notes.
This is an update package designed to be installed on top of an existing copy of ORCA/C 2.1 or later.
Also included is an updated ORCA/Linker with improved support for case-sensitive file systems.
Golden Gate 2.0.3 is here!
This fixes a few Win32 specific issues, a SANE bug that could case
strtod to fail,
and adds some Resource Manager calls needed for my slightly late KFest HackFest entry,
- (Win32) Fixed unicode/ASCII problem with debugger output.
- (Win32) Fixed issue where resources and file types didn’t work if the file name was a single character (and thus mis-interpreted as a drive).
- Fixed cycle miscount with JSR (absolute,x).
- Debugger now guesses language based on the filename extension.
Create|GS now returns dupPathname error if the file already exists. Previously, the error could vary if the file was a directory.
Numerous Resource Manager enhancements, including the additions of
FPSTR2DEC bug fix.
-weverything as synonyms for
Golden Gate 2.0.2 is here!
This is a minor update that adds debugger tab completion to the Win32 build.
- (Win32) debugger supports tab completion, history, etc.
- Improved debugger detection of invalid symbol tables.
Here’s a small demonstration of the Golden Gate
debugger. I found a bug in the ORCA
MakeLib utility and used the debugger to,
well, debug it.
I’ve also used the Golden Gate debugger to debug problems with the ORCA/Pascal
compiler. Specifically, bugs generating the symbol tables that the debugger
uses. Yes, that got confusing.